Sparks of Glory
At our Sparks of Glory outreach series, MOR greets loyal friends and meets new audience members as we perform beyond the concert hall, in communities around Seattle. At these 90-minute concerts-with-commentary, Mina Miller―MOR artistic director, pianist, and international speaker on musicians’ resistance during the Holocaust―shares her insights on each piece and her passion for preserving this precious cultural legacy through performance and education. Thanks to our donors and the NEA, MOR's musical witness outreach series, Sparks of Glory, has been presented free to the public since our 2005-06 season.
Praise from audience members
- This series should be promoted as a cultural destination for visitors to Seattle from throughout this country and the world.
- Connecting the music and art in SAM adds an extra dimension to the senses.
- These concerts demonstrate why MOR is so important for the world. This is so essential not only as great music, but as an eloquent statement for human rights.
- MOR is consistently, staggeringly so, one of the great sounds in the Northwest.
- I am so grateful for the free concerts. They are of outstanding quality and significance.
- Mina’s comments made a great concert even better, illuminating each piece with deeper meaning.